Sins and Needles

"With a new cosmopolitan, less insular generation it might again grow into a sincere expression of a man loving to create with his own hand, or shall we rather say-- woman, emancipated, finally creates with her own genius." --The Sacred History of Knitting, by Heinz Edgar Kiewe (1971).

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Casting On

Today I'll finish the second felted cat bed made from Wendy's pattern, located here. Wendy allowed me to use the pattern so I could make beds to sell for the shelter I volunteer at!! All proceeds will go to Angel PAWS (because I love them with all my heart). Both ones were knitted with Lamb's Pride Bulky on size 13 needles. The sides are kind of floppy, but if I roll the sides down it really does look like a Pi(e)! I didn't use fun fur for the trim, but I used some fun Rowan Biggy Print that I had in my stash. Pictures soon, I hope. My laptop is down for the count. :(
 
I went with the shelter to the Cat Show today-- with 16 of our cats! Hopefully a bunch will be adopted. The Show had a "competition" and awarded ribbons to some of the cats that were there to be adopted. My favorite ball of fluff, Miss Kitty, was awarded "Fluffiest Tail". A woman who was in the audience when Miss Kitty was being awarded decided she was the most beautiful thing and fell in love with her. She even put in an application for adoption! Also, I know it's a good match because the lady started crying when she heard Miss Kitty's story (previous owner OD'd and is in a coma). Another cat, Me Too, got awarded "Friendliest Cat", because he was lounging in a chair with his leash on all day. Also, another favorite, Muffin, got "Longest Whiskers". She totally deserved it! Her whiskers are at least 8 inches long.
 
I'm proud of myself, I didn't buy anything today!
 
 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home