Sins and Needles

"With a new cosmopolitan, less insular generation it might again grow into a sincere expression of a man loving to create with his own hand, or shall we rather say-- woman, emancipated, finally creates with her own genius." --The Sacred History of Knitting, by Heinz Edgar Kiewe (1971).

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Just wondering...

Is this sweater just too ugly? I knitted it for my new nephew, and even though they just visited us last week, my sister-in-law never mentioned it to me. I know they got it in the mail.



I did knit it from stash yarn leftover from a Ravenclaw scarf I made (Lion Brand Jiffy), and I know the yarn isn't that great as far as fiber snobbery goes... but... am I wrong to feel kind of offended (because it's like they totally ignored a handmade present I spent more than a few hours on!!)?

If I had a baby boy, I wouldn't be embarrassed if he wore it. Even if it is summer... everyone needs to have a sweater now and then in the summer. Plus the yarn, although on the gross side, is totally machine washable/dryable. Hmmm.

Guess some people don't deserve handknit stuff. It was the thought that... nevermind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home