Sins and Needles

"With a new cosmopolitan, less insular generation it might again grow into a sincere expression of a man loving to create with his own hand, or shall we rather say-- woman, emancipated, finally creates with her own genius." --The Sacred History of Knitting, by Heinz Edgar Kiewe (1971).

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Oh joy!

Pictures. My USB ports were not working for a while due to some scary Trojan. But, they are better now! Yippee.


This is half of the KPPPM garter stitch baby sweater I'm working on, by Glenmarle Woolworks KIP Designs. I'm a loose knitter, so I have to use sz 4 needles to get the proper guage! I've never made a sweater on needles this small, so it's taking a while. I started Saturday night.


Here's a detail of the scalloped edge. It makes this otherwise very plain sweater fun. I wanted to find skull and crossbones buttons, but they're too expensive. Yes, you heard me, skull and crossbones. Yes, the baby is a girl. So? ;) I found grey/black pearly buttons for $.90 at my local Jo-Anne Fabrics (I'm so glad I'm not a sewer! It's the only fabric store for miles around here, and it's such a dive! Ugh!!)


Here is my only son, Parsley. He's almost 3! Big boy!! I rescued him as a kitten from our local shelter (not a no-kill one!!). Everytime my husband and I get into bed, he comes inbetween us and purrs his little motor heart out. He's such a snuggler.


And this is my baby, Tamika. I love her to pieces!! Everytime I ignore my alarm clock, she will head-butt my arm and knead my stomach until I get up (while making her cricket purrs). Isn't she the greatest? She was also rescued from the same shelter as Parsley, only she's a month older than he is. We got her as a companion to him, so she was older than Parsley when we rescued her. Although she has no certifications, she fits the bill of Black Maine Coon to a T (right down to her soft, soft mews!).

I would have a picture of the littlest one, Phoebe, but she was hiding when I had the camera out. She likes to meow "Good Morning" to us when we wake up and enjoys having her belly scratched. We got her from a friend who couldn't keep her. It was one of those things where we couldn't say no to this little cat, and now she has a better home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home