Sins and Needles

"With a new cosmopolitan, less insular generation it might again grow into a sincere expression of a man loving to create with his own hand, or shall we rather say-- woman, emancipated, finally creates with her own genius." --The Sacred History of Knitting, by Heinz Edgar Kiewe (1971).

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Old enough to know better!

Last night was my volunteer night at the shelter. I brought my sister in tow with me, because I thought she might have fun and donate money (she said she wanted to earlier). Well, poor thing had a huge headache, and didn't have too much fun.

We have a few "scrappers" at the shelter, ones that in a home would probably not be such fighters as they are in the shelter. I think that living with so many cats can be hard on certain personalities. One cat, Klause, is this tiny and adorable 2-year old. He really looks like an older kitten, but he's not, and beware of his cuteness!! You can pet his nose for approximately 3 seconds before he tries to take a bite out of your hand. He's a brown tabby with brown eyes, and I've never seen another cat like him before. Right now his arch-nemesis is a beautiful all-white male named Klondike. Poor Klondike has a food allergy and gets a horrible reaction from it on his face. He looks like a prize-fighter! He and Klause, like I said, always fight, but yesterday I noticed something- maybe they weren't actually trying to kill each other, but were actually just playing? Seems like they formed a friendship based on their proclivity to kill one another, awww!

Another scrapper is Caroline, an 11-year old calico with beautiful green eyes. She's so completely adorable, I would love to take her home with me. She is so sweet to humans, but really goes looking for trouble with the other cats! I think it's because she knows she's one of the oldest, so she wants to put the younger ones in their place.

You can find all these pets at Angel Paws. Beware of the cuteness overload.

In knitting (k)news, I finished the left front of the sweater! Hooray! Just need to do the right front, the button and neck bands, and sew the buttons on. Oh, and block the darn thing. :D I should be done in at least a few days. I'll be pretty busy this weekend preparing for a job interview. Wish me luck! I really need to start working. This company I'm interviewing for would be a dream to work for! And the position is in the R+D department. I would be making up interviews and surveys for product development, and them performing them. Cool, huh? I hope I get it!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home