Sins and Needles

"With a new cosmopolitan, less insular generation it might again grow into a sincere expression of a man loving to create with his own hand, or shall we rather say-- woman, emancipated, finally creates with her own genius." --The Sacred History of Knitting, by Heinz Edgar Kiewe (1971).

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Gah

I had to rip out all the ribbing on my sweater, because I did something silly. I didn't start the ribbing right away after I finished increasing for my hips. Because I did raglan-style increasing, it made a funny ridge that extended out about a half centimeter. It was just plain funny looking, like I had catipillars growing up the sides of my hips!

I've given up on doing the bottom ribbing with sz 5 needles, though, because that was just too annoying and not stretchy enough. So I'll continue doing it with the same size needles that I worked the body in.

I started one of the sleeves, and I hope those turn out alright! They're supposed to have a bit of a puffed cap, and I had no idea how to do it, so I improvised.

In other knitting news, I bought the 365 perpetual calendar- the one with all the knitting stitches. I'm taking it to work with me. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home