Sins and Needles

"With a new cosmopolitan, less insular generation it might again grow into a sincere expression of a man loving to create with his own hand, or shall we rather say-- woman, emancipated, finally creates with her own genius." --The Sacred History of Knitting, by Heinz Edgar Kiewe (1971).

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Hee, oops!

Yeah. I've been so tired after work, I can barely knit, let alone update this thing. I'll get used to it. I was unemployed for three months, so working is very tiresome!




I am working on a sweater based off of Glampyre.com's top-down raglan pattern. I decided to do bust shaping as well as waist shaping, which you can sorta see at the bottom left of the sweater. All I have to do is finish the ribbing and then add sleeves.

We have a new kitty in the house!


Robin is a young cat up for adoption at Angelpaws.org. She was found outside a bank with her brother Batman at a very young age. Sadly, Batman was adopted as a kitten and poor Robin was almost forgotten about. She has been living in a cage at the shelter for most of her life, and as a consequence is *terrified* of open spaces, particularly those with people in them. I can pet her fine under the bed where she feels safe, but if she ventures out in the open and sees me or my husband, she freezes and then runs. Poor baby. She purrs like a chainsaw under the bed. :D We have her here as a foster- she needs to be in a home, not a cage. For months the shelter crews would try to get her to come out and play, and even left her door open all the time. Being a free-roamer at the shelter is encouraged, but poor Robin just wasn't into it. I really hope she'll turn out okay. She's very, very sweet and can catch treats in her paws. :D I see so much potential in her, but whoever adopts her needs to be prepared. It will take a loooong time for her to act like a "normal" cat. I personally have no problem fostering her until she warms up to the world, but I would love it if someone were to fall in love with her and help her out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home