Sins and Needles

"With a new cosmopolitan, less insular generation it might again grow into a sincere expression of a man loving to create with his own hand, or shall we rather say-- woman, emancipated, finally creates with her own genius." --The Sacred History of Knitting, by Heinz Edgar Kiewe (1971).

Saturday, September 18, 2004

It's like a swamp over here...

With all this frogging going on!

My poor little no-pattern green sweater... Well, let's be honest. I used Glampyre's directions for the yoke, but after that it was all up to my imagination. I did raglan increases for the hips after I decreased for the waist, but I didn't start the ribbing right away. Sooo, that left me with *really* funny ribs on the side. I frogged the whole thing (HOURS of ribbing, I tell you, since I knit English-style and that's the slowest way). I re-did the ribbing on sz 8 needles rather than doing them again on sz 5s. I am impatient after I mess up, I guess. It's looks okay.

Then, after doing 1/4 of the left sleeve in what I thought would make it poofy, I decided to frog that and make it fitted instead. Because of the way a top-down raglan works, the sleeve really begins about an inch after the shoulder ends, so the placement of the poof wasn't right. Maybe next time.

So, after all of this, I also think I'm going to run out of yarn! sigh.

Well, in animal news, the street fair was supposed to be today, but it was cancelled due to rain. My organization was scheduled to have a table there, and I signed up to work it from 1-5. I'm kinda bummed, but sort of not, because I know it'll be a day of asking people not to stick their fingers in the cages... Being outside in a noisy fair is already traumatizing enough for the poor kitties. But, it is great exposure for us. I just hate it when the cats all develpo colds from the stress after we bring them back to the shelter. But, it is great exposure for us.

In fostering news, Robin has really blossomed! I'm so proud of her. She no longer hides in the bedroom all day, but she comes out into the living room and kitchen. She sleeps on the end of the couch so she can look out the window on the odd occasion. :D She is also letting me pet her a lot more. Robin is still pretty scared of my biggest, fluffiest cat, but she tumbles around with my boy-cat Parsley. I'm really proud of her. I hope her progress continues to a point that when she's finally adopted, she will have a much smoother transition than she did here. Here's a link to her Angel PAWS profile: Robin. Some of my favorites at the shelter are also up there -> Check out Klaus, Hamster, Donut, Duncan, Carolina... well, check out them all! They're all great and all of them have such wonderful and different personalities. =^.^=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home