Sins and Needles

"With a new cosmopolitan, less insular generation it might again grow into a sincere expression of a man loving to create with his own hand, or shall we rather say-- woman, emancipated, finally creates with her own genius." --The Sacred History of Knitting, by Heinz Edgar Kiewe (1971).

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The little addicts!

I made one of Wendyknit.net's Aran catnip mice tonight, and instead of using fiberfil or some synthetic along with catnip, I used raw, unwashed fleece. Greasy, farmy fleece. If you have cats, make sure you make them each their own mouse before throwing them down! Holy bejeebus. Robin was doing half-twisting four-foot leaps in the air!! The Russians and the Chinese see her as the one to beat in the next Olympic's gymnastic competition!

In other news, my new job entails proofing, correcting, paginating, and laying out academic books and journals. A lot of it is pretty dry, but today I got to do corrections on a forensic pathology journal... Oh man. Let's just say I had no appetite for lunch or dinner! That CSI show is misleading, as well. Forensic pathology is not entertaining to say the least!!

We had wine and cheese at our neighbor's last night, and I learned that the wife recently learned to knit while she was doing work on her thesis in Paris. She can knit and purl, but has no supplies here. :D :D You know what that means! Time to take her to the LYS! Like I need an excuse?

I have a feeling I will be making another mouse or two tomorrow- but I may give these to my buddies at the shelter. I think my pal Klaus needs a suprise when I have to put him back in his cage on Wednesday night (he's so rowdy he can only go out when the crews are there! Last time he *would not* leave my shoelaces alone- but that's a good thing sinch he usually just bothers the other cats! I wish someone would adopt him- he's a CRAZY tabby with brown eyes. He's also really small for being 2, he's like the size of a 7 month old kitten. Teeny. But he definitely makes up for his small size with a giant personality!!)

I should go to bed! Gotta work in the AM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home